Press Release from Strebfest Promotions 1/6/17:
Strebfest Promotions is proud to announce that the newly formed Streby Speedway Kart Tour Series as of 2016 will return for it’s 2nd Season in 2017 racing at (3) different tracks between Washington, and Oregon with a possibility of adding (1) new track in 2017, as new “Mean 18” Member Lee Collins has informed me that he and his son intend to build a track this spring on private property that the SSKT may be able to add a race at the new track sometime in 2017.
The SSKT will open the 2017 season with Race #1 & Race #2 once again as part of the “Buddha Kinser” Memorial #9 at Salem Speedway on Saturday January 28th, and the following day Sunday January 29th as part of Salem Speedways Point Series Races. There will also be a Practice night from 5-9PM on Friday January 27th.
Then the Series will head to Streby Speedway for the first of (5) SSKT races at the “Ultimate Bull Ring” in 2017 for Race #3 of the SSKT Schedule and Race #2 for Streby Speedway on Sunday May 7th. (With a Rain Date of Sunday May 21st).
Race #4 for the SSKT will be held on Sunday June 4th at Streby Speedway, which is also Race #4 for Streby Speedway. (With a Rain Date set for Saturday Night June 17th).
Race #5 of the SSKT Schedule will be the Crown Jewel Event for the series The 11th Annual “Firecracker 40” at Streby Speedway on Tuesday July 4th with Gigantic Fireworks show presented by Relevant Rankings.com and Pot Luck BBQ. This will also be Race #6 for Streby Speedway. (With a Raindate set for Sunday July 9th).
Race #6 of the SSKT Schedule will also be at Streby Speedway on Saturday September 9th with an earlier than normal start time, so some of our teams can also race at the Flat Track Nationals at Skagit Speedway that evening and make karting history in the state by racing at 2 different tracks in the same day (This will be a Non Points Race for Streby Speedway and only a Points Race for the SSKT). This will be Race #9 at Streby Speedway. (No Rain Date)
Race #7 for the SSKT will be the last race for the series at Streby Speedway on Saturday October 7th. (With a Raindate of Saturday October 14th).
Race #8 of the SSKT Schedule will see the Series race at Evergreen Speedways Indoor Arena in Monroe, WA as part of the WHR Motorsports Winter Season Opener (Date to Be Determined–Aprx. Sunday November 12th). (Tentative-Per WHR Motorsports Approval)
Race #9 of the SSKT 2017 Schedule will be the Final Race and Season Championship for the SSKT at Evergreen Speedways Indoor Arena in Monroe, WA for Round #2 of the WHR Motorsports Winter Series (Date to Be Determined–Aprx. Sunday November 26th). (Tentative-Per WHR Motorsports Approval). (Date could possibly change if it conflicts with NW Focus Midget Race at Salem Speedway).
**TENTATIVE 2017 STREBY SPEEDWAY KART TOUR SCHEDULE**
- SALEM SPEEDWAY – SATURDAY JANUARY 28TH – “BUDDHA KINSER” MEMORIAL 9
- SALEM SPEEDWAY – SUNDAY JANUARY 29TH – SALEM SPEEDWAY POINTS RACE
- STREBY SPEEDWAY – SUNDAY MAY 7TH – (RAIN DATE 5/14/17)
- STREBY SPEEDWAY – SATURDAY JUNE 4TH – (RAIN DATE 6/17/17)
- STREBY SPEEDWAY – TUESDAY JULY 4TH – 11TH ANNUAL “FIRECRACKER 40” WITH GIGANTIC FIREWORKS SHOW – (RAIN DATE 7/9/17)
- STREBY SPEEDWAY – SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH – “SSKT POINTS ONLY”
- STREBY SPEEDWAY – SATURDAY OCTOBER 7TH – (RAINDATE 10/14/17)
- EVERGREEN SPEEDWAY – DATE TBD – WHR MOTORSPORTS ROUND #1
- EVERGREEN SPEEDWAY – DATE TBD – WHR MOTORSPORTS ROUND #2
The Streby Speedway Kart Tour is also looking for Sponsors for the 2017 Season. We are looking for a Trophy Sponsor for both individual races and Season Ending Trophies for Top 10 in Points as well as Product Sponsors that could be in the form of Gift Certificates or Product Giveaways. Please contact SSKT PR Director Matt Streby by Text (425) 223-2037, E-Mail: email@example.com, or Message Matt Streby on Facebook, Thank You!
- Only Streby Speedway Pre-Approved Club Members (The Mean 18) can race at Streby Speedway races, with Waiting List Members being able to race at Streby Speedway on (Standby) if Club Members can not attend a race.
- All Pre-Approved Racers with a Legal Streby Raptor Class Motor and Chassis can run with the SSKT at Salem Speedway, & Evergreen Speedway.
- If Interested in becoming a Waiting List Member of Streby Speedway or racing with the Streby Speedway Kart Tour in 2017 Please Contact Matt Streby by Text (425) 223-2037, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Message Matt Streby on Facebook.
- All rules for the SSKT are the same as the rules at Streby Speedway and can be found here: Streby Speedway & SSKT Kart Rules
New for 2017
- SSKT Racers will only receive points for the Streby Raptor Class at each event in 2017, In 2016 we awarded points for members racing in other classes in an attempt to help karting grow in the Northwest but due to lack of member participation in these other classes in 2016 I have decided that only the Streby Raptor Class will Receive Points in 2017.
- There will be (3) different point systems used for 2017 for the (3) different Race formats that will be used at the different Tracks the SSKT will be racing at (See Below)
Read the rest of this entry »